A Rubic’s Cube of Weird Emotions, Day 192, Knuckle-Busting The Year of Fun.
1. “This Time Machine is Three Seconds Late.” — A Line from Next Summer’s Big-Time James Franco/Seth Rogen Time Travel Movie ‘Let’s Kill Paris Hilton!’.
2. Putting The Blank in Blank Day.*
3. Rubicon — Kansas City’s Premier Going Too Far Convention.
* Era in Insufferable.
* Junk in Junction.
* Face in Facetious.
* Miso in Misogyny.
* Un in Cunt. (Do Not Use as Compliment. Or Ever.)
Music Video Today (MVT): One of my favorite Aimee Mann songs and it’s not from Magnolia.
Wordplay — Pun’s Older Brother.
The Weisenheimer Brainstorm, Day 130 In Touch With Your Year of Fun.
1. Today on ‘Memories of What I Used To Eat,’ A Food Blog:
Misty Water-Covered Chestnuts.
Triple Decker Vienna Sausage French Toast Sadwich.
Pictures Are Overexposed on Purpose.
2. Don’t Forget to Bag The Racked Over Coals of My Heart And Return to Store.
My Heart’s Switching to Frakking for The Big Corporate Payout.
3. Wow, No Number Three Today.
Let’s Be Lame and Blame The Day of The Week.
‘Effin Wed-nes-Day, Right?
It’s What Now?
Today is The Day I Jump The Shark, Sadly.
Strap on The Evil Boweevil Spangled Jumpsuit, Attach The Rocket To Your Crotchet And Blaze A Path to Irrelevance, It’s Ride Time.
Fortunately, Said Jumped Shark is Toothless, Blind, Bloated, On Land, Gassy and A Vegan.
Fishing for Memes at Dogma Lake, Day ’95, Reelin’ in The Years of Fun.
1. Watch Old Russ Meyer Movie, Pour Out Bag of Popcorn for My Homie.
2. It’s Adam and Eve, Not Toothbrush and Steve.–Shelly.
3. Inanimate Object Puppet Show for the Pets.
Vacation Today: Population Me.(Plus Lady Friend)
The 8-Track Columbia House Club of Fun, Day ’92, YoF Certified.
1. D. Boon Pickins, My Minuteman Zine Celebrates the Lead Singer’s Birthday Today.
2. Your Joke Here.
3. I Love You Shelly and Everyone Else Is Also Great.
(Shameless Like-Whoring Day)
Let’s kill that stupid King Kim Joffrey Un Ill person before he wins the Throne Game.
Nuclear Winter is Coming.
(You’re Welcome, South Korean Sketch Writers)
Pop Culture Today: Orphan Black on BBC America. It’s Dollhouse meets that crappy SMG CW show, only way better.
Dazed and Confused, The Class of Day ’84 in The Year of Fun:
1. Hold Sturgis in Your Backyard.
2. Data Mine The Zeitgeist. *
3. Print Up Business Cards Advertising Your Peccadillos.
* DMtZ—My Imaginary DIY 80’s/90’s Photocopied Indie Zine. Create Your Own DIY Zine Today.
Weather Today: No Frogs, Snow or Blood Until the Weekend.
Then, Fro-Sno-Blow-Blood-Bowl Begins.
Comix Today: Brian K. Vaughn (Y: The Last Man, Lost) has a new pay what you want comic, The Private Eye.
Both Candy And Gum, Day ’83 Razzles in The Year of Fun:
What Would Tilda Swinton Do?
2. Crush The Crush Groove.
3. Impotent Threat Day.
“I Will Suck The Oxygen Outta This Room…”
“When I’m President…”
“I’m Getting A Time Machine And Gonna Whup You Back To The Stone Age.”
You Get It, You It Getter.
(Answer: Sleep in a Glass Box at The MoMa.)
Pop Culture Today: Jason Molina of Magnolia Electric Company and Songs:Ohio recently died and all of his music is streaming free on his website.
Because Burnt Orange Was A Popular Color Once, Day ’81, The Year of Fun.
1. Make Choices Today Using Well-Respected ‘Spin The Bottle’ Technique.
2. Wiretap The Collective Unconscious.
3. Be The Red Shirt.
GCGIF, Great Caesar’s Ghost, It’s Friday.